Former Sky News correspondent James Forlong who was 44, was discovered dead just after 0230 BST on Saturday at Hove in East Sussex.
James had worked for Sky News for 10 years.
Sky News have expressed shock at the news.
James had resigned from Sky News in July.
On Monday, a Sussex Police spokesman said: We can confirm that a 44-year-old man from Hove was found dead at his address in the early hours of Saturday morning.
He said the circumstances were not thought to be suspicious and a post-mortem was due to be carried out on Tuesday.
Nick Pollard, head of Sky News, said: This is a terrible personal tragedy and a shocking blow for James’s family.
Everyone here sends their deepest sympathies to James’s wife and children.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak will reveal his first budget this afternoon (11 March) after just 27 days in the job. Rishi was previously Chief Secretary to the Treasury from July 2019 to February 2020, and Parliamentary Under… Read more
Sky News will host a live TV debate with the contenders in the Labour leadership contest. The hour-long debate will take place on Thursday 27th February in Dewsbury in west Yorkshire. The programme will begins at 8pm, hosted by Sky… Read more
The United Kingdom will leave the European Union this evening. Following a June 2016 referendum, in which 51.9% voted to leave, the UK government formally announced the country’s withdrawal in March 2017, triggering the beginning of the Brexit process. The… Read more