Palace says ‘No’ to 3D Wedding

HomeNewsPalace says ‘No’ to 3D Wedding
Updated on Tuesday 8 February 2011
Posted by @TVNewsroom

One doesn’t want to put on 3D glasses

Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding will not be filmed in 3D.

St James’ Palace refused the request from broadcasters because of the space needed for the format’s cameras and 3D’s relatively small audience.

Patrick Harrison, the Prince of Wales’ press secretary said in a email sent to the BBC, ITN and Sky, obtained by the Guardian: “I’m afraid I have to say that we have decided not to progress with 3D coverage of the service on this occasion.

“There are a number of reasons for this, most notably the additional camera footprint in the Abbey, the relatively small (albeit growing) audience for 3D, and our desire to not be distracted away from negotiating and facilitating the optimal 2D, radio, photographic and online coverage of the day.”

The wedding takes place on April 29th, 2011.

Posted in:

The Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak will reveal his first budget this afternoon (11 March) after just 27 days in the job. Rishi was previously Chief Secretary to the Treasury from July 2019 to February 2020, and Parliamentary Under… Read more

Sky News will host a live TV debate with the contenders in the Labour leadership contest. The hour-long debate will take place on Thursday 27th February in Dewsbury in west Yorkshire. The programme will begins at 8pm, hosted by Sky… Read more

The United Kingdom will leave the European Union this evening. Following a June 2016 referendum, in which 51.9% voted to leave, the UK government formally announced the country’s withdrawal in March 2017, triggering the beginning of the Brexit process. The… Read more