Sir Trevor McDonald will Sign off from News at Ten for the final time tonight.
News at Ten’s viewership is slightly boosted this week by the return of I’m a Celebrity get me out of here!
It was announced a few weeks ago that Mark Austin will replace Sir Trev on News at Ten.
Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever. Anchoring ITV News’s live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic U.S. election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”
An ITV spokesman said McDonald will continue hosting the National Television Awards and working on ITV’s current affairs Tonight programme.
News presenter Lewis Vaughan Jones has revealed that he has lost the hearing in his left ear. Lewis posted an image to his 4,000 followers on Twitter of him wearing his hearing aid on air for the first time. “A bit of personal news: A…
ITV has today announced that ‘Peston’ is to move to a new slot on Wednesday nights, airing after ITV’s News at Ten. The current affairs series – presented by Robert Peston – has aired on ITV since May 2016 on Sunday mornings. “I could not…