Prime Minister, Gordon Brown has today announced the date for the General Election. The British public will go to the ballot box on Thursday 6th May 2010.
News Channels have sent their key presenters and reporters to prime locations around London, including Downing Street, Westminster and Buckingham Palace.
The TV Newsroom will bring you the best coverage in form of text, images and video of the news coverage throughout the campaign and on Election night.
- April 6th: Gordon Brown calls Election
- April 7th: Last PMQs
- April 12th: Dissolution of Parliament
- April 15th: First Leaders’ Debate hosted by ITV
- April 22nd: Second Leaders’ Debate hosted by Sky News
- April 29th: Last Leaders’ Debate hosted by BBC
- May 6th: Polling day
- May 18th: Parliament reconvenes
- Sian Williams in Westminster (Breakfast)
- Matthew Amroliwala in Downing Street (NC)
- Huw Edwards in Downing Street (News Special – 9:15am – 1pm)
- Nick Robinson in Downing Street
- Jon Sopel in Westminster
- Ben Wright in Westminster (Breakfast)
- Colette McBeth in Downing Street (Breakfast)
- Laura Kuenssberg in Downing Street
- Nicholas Witchell at Buckingham Palace
- Ben Brown based with David Cameron
- Dermot Murnaghan in Westminster
- Adam Boulton is Downing Street
- Sarah Hughes at Buckingham Palace
- Colin Brazier in Buckingham Palace
- Alistair Bruce also in Buckingham Palace
- Joey Jones based with David Cameron
- Martin Stanford at the Newswall
- ‘The Campaign Show’ on BBC News Channel at 9pm
- ‘The Boulton Factor’ on Sky News at 11pm
Both the BBC and Sky used Newscopters for today’s coverage.