BT are holding a press conference right now to reveal details of their UEFA European football coverage from next season.
• Broadcaster announces launch of BT Sport Europe. The new channel will sit alongside BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and BT ESPN.
• BT also launching ‘BT Sport Showcase’ to show its free-to-air European games on Freeview. English teams to be shown at least once.
• Gary Lineker and Rio Ferdinand confirmed as BT presenters for UCL coverage.
• Steven Gerrard, Harry Redknapp, Glenn Hoddle and Howard Webb also announced as pundits.
• The channel will also broadcast a new ‘Goals’ show, presented by James Richardson, where viewers can tune in on Champions League nights to enjoy news and action across all eight games as it happens.
• BT also launching ‘BT Sport Ultra HD’ for its 4K coverage. Will start with August’s Community Shield between Chelsea and Arsenal – but you’ll need a new box to watch it (BT TV box costs £35)
• Premier League, rugby Premiership and SPL to remain free. European football to cost £5 per month for BT broadband customers – but will be free for customers who take BT TV.
BT TV customers will be able to receive the full BT Sport Pack for free – comprising BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, ESPN on BT Sport and the new BT Sport Europe channel, which launches on August 1 as the new home of top European football.
BT Broadband customers who choose to watch on their Sky service, via the BT Sport App or on BT Mobile, will be able to add the BT Sport Pack for a small charge of £5 a month.
John Petter, chief executive of BT Consumer, said: “When we launched BT Sport we promised to make televised football far more accessible and affordable than it has been to date. We have opened the market to millions of new customers and we want to build on that as BT Sport becomes the undisputed home of European football.
“We are of course giving our best offer to existing customers – broadband customers will get the new BT Sport Pack for the heavily discounted price of £5, whilst customers who take broadband and TV from us will get it absolutely free.
“This is a new chapter for European football on TV. BT Sport will show hundreds of live matches throughout the tournament using the very latest technology. Our presenters and experts will also provide the smartest insight and analysis.”
The FA, BBC and BT Sport have announced the two FA Cup third round replays which will air on live TV. There’s a total of eight replays all together. The BBC will show Chelsea v Norwich from Stamford Bridge on Wednesday 17th January from 7.45pm…
The FA, BBC and BT Sport today confirmed the SEVEN third round ties to be televised in the first week of January 2018. A bumper weekend of action kicks-off with the Merseyside derby at Anfield on Friday 5 January (7.55pm), a tie that will be…
It’s do-or-die for Atletico Madrid in the UEFA Champions League as they visit Group C leaders Chelsea this evening. Atletico lost 2-1 to Chelsea on matchday two in the first European game played at their new Estadio Metropolitano home, and had to wait until their…
Manchester United host CSKA Moscow in UEFA Champions League this evening, exclusively live on BT Sport. Jose Mourinho’s side have 12 points, a three point lead, and would qualify in first place with a point. If they lose to CSKA and Basel do not win…
The draw for the third round of the 2017/18 FA Cup takes place tonight (Mon 4th Dec). Clubs from the Premier League and Championship enter the hat for the first time this season following the conclusion of this weekend’s second round ties. The draw will…